Monday, December 16, 2013

All things Halloween

We had a great Halloween this year.  Our weather was lovely and no hurricanes or illnesses stopped us from celebrating.  We did all the traditional things like making sugar cookies and carving pumpkins.  Our ward did a trunk or treat and we did trick or treating on the lawn.  The last two years the Virginia Law Families had hosted an event at Greenfield Farm.  Jack looks froward to it each year.  This year they didn't host it so I decided to put a FHE together so we could all go.  It was lots of fun.  Picking Halloween costumes was tricky this year.  Jack is old enough he has an opinion and I want Charlotte to be something sweet and cute.  After many attempts, we finally ended on going as Peter Pan (I will enforce family themed costumes as long as I can).  So Logan was Captain Hook, I was Peter Pan, Jack was the crocodile and Charlotte was Tiger Lily.  I was able to borrow some things here and there but I also had to put a lot of time at thrift and craft stores trying to make it all work.  In the end I think they turned out pretty good.  We got lots of compliments and when we were at the lawn a few people stopped to take our picture.  Haha.  We have talked about doing a murder mystery party every year since we moved here and this year it finally happened.  Vanessa hosted and I did my best to help.  The theme was an 80's class reunion.  My character was a the pom pom captain Pamela Abdul and Logan was the class stud Judd the stud.  I have a hard time staying character but it was still so fun.
The theme of Halloween was definitely Room on The Broom.  I bought this book and the kids loved it.  We ended up buying the movie and the app because Charlotte couldn't get enough. 



Greenfield farm
The slide, Jack's favorite.
Lincoln, Jack and Addie.
Noah, Charlotte and Lincoln.

The hay ride.


Carving pumpkins.
Logan aka Judd the Studd
Me aka Pamela Abdul
I put together some year book photos of everyone.  It was so fun.  Here is Terry (Sarah Bylund.)  Haha. 
Adam Watts.  His character was my characters crush.  
Steve played a computer geek, Byron, and he did such a good job at it.  My favorite was the calculator watch he wore.
Candice.  The band geek.
Erin watts played Natalie the cheer captain, my nemesis.






Headed to the ward trunk or treat.


He was pretty camouflage.



Riding the bus with the Mellors to Trick or Treating on the Lawn at the Rotunda.
At this point Charlotte knew just what to do and wasted no time getting her candy.  She would usually just reach in the bowl herself and take a handful.  No one seemed to mind because she was so cute. 


Quists, Guynns, Bylund and us.











No comments: