One day my BFF Mckell flew across the country to see me and it was amazing. We were so excited to have our first visitor! I felt a little bad because I was pretty pregnant and not the best host. Plus on top of that, I ended up getting food poisoning when I took her to my favorite restaurant (ex-favorite restaurant now). We had so much fun having her stay. The kids loved having her around and someone to give them attention. We hit the famous Monticello and did a day in DC. We ate at all my favorite places, Capinellos Crazy Cakes, Marco and Lucas Dumplings and The Flat (dinner crepes) and then that night I threw up, and threw up, and threw up... needless to say I don't like any of those places anymore and I have even began to shy away from cupcakes which is insane.
| A day in DC. The Washington memorial. |
| Doofus stole my phone and took a selfie. |
| Jack and dad riding the carousel. Char wanted to but we were cheap so she got to watch. |
| The White House. |
| Lincoln Memorial. |
| We took Mckell to the Children's Museum. |
| This boy can down blueberries. |
| The Flat, dinner crepes. Blahhh. I have no idea what awaits me. |
| Monticello. |
| Monticello. |
| Mckell lucked out and got to join us for Groundhog day. Out on a hunt. |
| Jefferson. |
| We got kicked out of Monticello. Well they politely suggested we wait outside. I was fine with that because I was still queasy and the worry of throwing up in Mr. Jefferson's home was worrying me. |
| Mckell was also there on Chinese New Year as well. Cooking some delicious crab cream cheese wontons. Yum. |
| It was the year of the horse. |
| Getting some fro-yo at Sweet Frog. |
| Bonding over ice cream. |
| Jack has the greatest mixtures. Mint ice cream, gummy worms and kiwi sauce. |
No comments:
Post a Comment