Thursday, June 23, 2011

Halfy Birthday to you

Logan and I decided that half birthdays are cool and over looked.  So we are going to celebrate them in our home.  They will be simple and a day to make each kid feel loved.  Sometimes it seems that birthdays get out of control with the presents, decor, friends, and stress.  It was Jack's halfy birthday last week.  We celebrated with half a cupcake, sang half of halfy birthday to you, and we said things we love about Jack by one person saying half a statement and another person finishing the other half.  Sweet and simple, no presents and just our little family.  I feel we may add another random half traditions as the years pass.

1 and 1/2.  Half cup cake.



Where did the fire go?


3 comments:

Steven and Tanesha said...

I love this idea! You guys are such fun parents!

Scott said...

Whenever I look at Jack I have this strong impression that he looks like someone I know, but I can't quite put my finger on who it is. When looking at these pictures it finally came to me, he looks like ME when I was little. White blonde hair and brown eyes, I don't know why I didn't figure it our sooner. Let's just hope that he doesn't also have the temperament that I did as a child.

Kym said...

Love this idea! I think we need to implement this into our house as well.