Thursday, June 16, 2011

Family Vacation

We had our first mini family vacation a couple weeks ago.  We had to go back up to Utah State so Logan could tie up some loose ends so we decided to have some fun and  also go to Bear Lake.  First, we stopped in Salt Lake to go to my BFF's daughter's baby blessing.  Little Mina is a doll and we were so glad to get to see her.  The we headed to Bear Lake and did some camping at the KOA which turned out to be a good choice.  It was cheap and had a pool and playground.  We went to the lake on Monday to play at the beach, but it turned out there was no beach to play on.  The water is so high there aren't many places to play.  We found a park, some sand, and river anyway and I don't think Jack could tell the difference.  

Me and Seidi.  I just realized I didn't even get a picture of Mina.

Jack had fun throwing rocks at with the other kids. 

Charlie and his stick.

We stopped at a park to eat lunch.  

This is at the KOA.  They call it giant pillow.  I better name would be the blob.  Jack thought it was amazing.


Jack usually loves swimming but for some reason the outdoor pool threw him for a loop and he was a little weary.    He constantly made his way from the big pool to the kiddie pool only staying for a few minutes in each at a time.




Doesn't it seem you always forget the matches?  We sure did.  And wood.  No worries, I am married to a mountain man.  He started the fire using jumper cables.  Yes jumper cables.


He also went on a hunt and dug up this piece of wood to cut up.
Jack loved standing in the fire pit.  Safety first.


Jack has suddenly become attached to his blankets.  No matter how hard I tried, he insisted carrying it with him... through the dirt, sticks, mud.


Jack in his tot spot.  This is a chair I bought about 7 years ago when I didn't want to fork out real money for a normal human adult sized camping chair.  I used it thoroughly for a couple years.

The playground.  Jack loved the horse.

Jack pointing at the moon.  But as he called it "banana."  It was just a sliver of the moon and we just couldn't convince him it was the moon and not a banana in the sky.

The "banana"




Raspberry shakes from Bear Lake Pizza.  Oh my, so good!  It's the real reason I go to Bear Lake.

And not to mention the Bacon Chicken Ranch Pizza.


Jack playing at the "beach"







1 comment:

Scott said...

Fun trip! Logan starting the fire reminded me of "Dual Survival" one of our favorite shows to watch. They are always starting fires using different methods. I haven't seen them use jumper cables though! Was that the blanket that I spent countless hours tediously crocheting that Jack was dragging on the ground? The difference between you and I- I would never allow that to happen!