Tuesday, June 7, 2011

5 years ago . . .

Logan and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on June 3rd.  We had a pre-anniversary get away to Logan.  Logan had to finish some stuff to finish up at USU so we doubled up and stayed at a bed and breakfast too.  My mom was nice and watched Jack for us.  We stayed at the Providence Inn.  It was nice and the gourmet breakfast was delicious.  

On our actual anniversary date, we decided to reenact one of our favorite dates we had before we were married.  

This is what happened then:
We double dated with Stacy Anderson and Rhett Anderson (no worries, they are not related).  Logan used his smarty pants skills and rigged a four wheeler battery up to a dvd/tv player his parents had.  Stacy and I made tin foil dinners and we took my dad's raft and headed up Mayfield Canyon.  It was a really busy weekend and people were everywhere.  We ended all the way up to the 6 mile ponds.  We threw our tin foil dinners in the fire, fastened our life jackets (not very romantic, but my mom insisted), jumped in the raft (it was a tight fit), and headed out on the pond.  I remember we did a test run of how we would all sit in the raft with it still sitting on the shore.  Haha.  The moon was full and the pond was rather shallow but our feet hung over the edge and it still gave me the creeps.

This is what happened now:
So we did our best to reenact this amazing date, but of course there were changes.  Stacy and Rhett wouldn't come with us.  Something about they both have spouses now.  Party Poopers.  Logan and I attempted to make it to 6 mile ponds, but that road was ridiculously scary and we ended up turning around.  We did it at Twins instead.  Instead of tin foil dinners, we were lazy and did hot dogs.  And man, what a wuss I am.  There was absolutely no moon and it was pitch black all around us on the lake, plus it was a big old lake this time, not just a pond.  I was terrified the whole time and we only lasted about 30 minutes on the lake.  How sad is that?
We had tons of fun.  I am so lucky to have Logan and Jack.  Thank heavens families are forever!
Our wedding day. Awe.  For the record, my hair is somewhat lighter here than my natural and the pic below is somewhat darker than my natural... or so I think.  Who really knows at this point.




That hot dog looks grotesque.

On the lake!  The first time my mom insisted we wore life jackets.  This time, I insisted we wear life jackets.  Yes I have turned into a mom.

Can you imagine if we cap sized somehow.  Everything would be at the bottom of the lake: us, our laptop, my camera, my sixlets...

See what I mean!  Pitch black.  You can't tell me thats not scary.


2 comments:

Scott said...

A for effort! Isn't it kind of sad how becoming a mom makes you into such a pansy. It happens to the best of us. Lets just hope that it doesn't get progressively worse with age (unfortunately, if mom is any indication, it does). Happy 5 years of marriage!

The Trythalls said...

That is really cute! I agree that the darkness was pretty creepy but come on suck it up! By the way the "movie" that you tried to guess on my blog was a commercial. Nice try though...