Sunday, July 3, 2011

One Top Pop!

This is a tad late but I had to do a quick tribute to the great dad's in my life.  First of course is Logan.  Right from the get-go, he jumped right in to taking care of, playing with and loving Jack.  He seemed to have more parental instincts than I did at first.  And here we are a year and a half later and he is still amazing at helping out with Jack.  Jack is always sad when Logan leaves in the morning.  He runs to dad to give him a good bye kiss and then cries when Logan goes out the door.  Jack also gets giddy and silly and soon as Logan walks in the door because he knows its play time.  

Then we have Papa Pickett.  So silly and well known for his practical jokes around town.  I think I have a little bit of the practical joker in me that I inherited from him.  He has such a green thumb and his yard/garden always looks amazing.  He loves dry ice rootbeer, shop vacs, and duct tape.   I love my dad despite some of his odd ways.

And last, but not least, Papa Bruce.  He never misses a chance to give a hug and makes the best Bruce Burgers ever (greasy and fattening, yum!).  I don't know if he loves Mountain Dew, but he is always drinking it.  I do know that he loves the mountains though, especially when the whole family goes camping.  We love Grandpa Bruce.
 
I made some pop top cans for the fathers with candy inside.


For dad I made root beer cup cakes.  He literally has my mom make dry ice root beer once  a week.

And for Bruce I made Mountain Dew cup cakes.  He literally goes through packs a week.

1 comment:

Brad and Jenna said...

I LOVE the rootbeer cake! YUm. Mt. dew cake I am sure was not bad either.