With the year of the rabbit at a close and the year of the dragon upon us, lets do a brief recap of major events.
We enjoyed one last semester in Logan after 5 years and Logan graduated with his Masters. Logan celebrated his Masters with another shoulder surgery and months of recovery. So far the shoulders have done well, no problems yet. We said goodbye to good friends and moved into the Cottage in Gunnison. We enjoyed a fun summer close to family and Logan studied his heart out which paid off when he passed the patent bar test. We shared our good news of expecting another baby in February with lucky rabbit feet which now I realize is super awesome since it was the year of the rabbit. We then packed our things up again and made the long trek across country to our new home in Charlottesville Virginia. We hit the ground running and were quickly involved in school, church, and friendship with other law families. The semester flew by and before we knew it it was over and we were back home enjoying Christmas with family. So with one semester down and 5 more to go we look forward to spending more time in Cville and exploring the east coast. Here is to 2012!
Jack knows his alphabet and is speaking in full complex sentences. He is trying to be more and more independent everyday which is both a blessing and a curse. He worships the ground Logan walks on and he thinks I am okay. He can be very sweet at times and will randomly stroke our faces and say "Are you okay? Don't cry mommy." Not sure where that came from. He loves his extended family and does a good job remembering who everyone is. He also is good at remembering all his little friends we play with. He loves being silly. A recent game that was randomly invented one morning when Logan was pretending to eat bugs for breakfast is called Cucky Bugs. He can play this for about a half an hour straight without getting bored. Basically we all just pretend to eat different things like pancakes, grapes, cookies or bugs. If we eat bugs we make a disgusted face and say "Ew! Cucky Bugs!"
Logan applied for internships and did three interviews in Utah while we were there over the break. When we returned home he found out he had one in Chicago as well. We booked the 600 dollar flight and were prepared to go when we got the wonderful news that he got an internship with one of the firms in Utah! Yay! So this means we will be heading back to Salt Lake City this summer to work at Ray Quinney. We are super excited and feel very blessed.
I am getting ready for the baby. She could be here in just a couple weeks. I am mostly stressed that I won't make it to the hospital in time or get to have an epidural because Jack was so fast. So we will see how that pans out. I have my house reorganized, freezer meals cooked, my babysitter call list arranged, and a few things sewn. Mostly I just need to finish some crocheting and sewing so hopefully I get those projects done.
We enjoyed one last semester in Logan after 5 years and Logan graduated with his Masters. Logan celebrated his Masters with another shoulder surgery and months of recovery. So far the shoulders have done well, no problems yet. We said goodbye to good friends and moved into the Cottage in Gunnison. We enjoyed a fun summer close to family and Logan studied his heart out which paid off when he passed the patent bar test. We shared our good news of expecting another baby in February with lucky rabbit feet which now I realize is super awesome since it was the year of the rabbit. We then packed our things up again and made the long trek across country to our new home in Charlottesville Virginia. We hit the ground running and were quickly involved in school, church, and friendship with other law families. The semester flew by and before we knew it it was over and we were back home enjoying Christmas with family. So with one semester down and 5 more to go we look forward to spending more time in Cville and exploring the east coast. Here is to 2012!
Jack knows his alphabet and is speaking in full complex sentences. He is trying to be more and more independent everyday which is both a blessing and a curse. He worships the ground Logan walks on and he thinks I am okay. He can be very sweet at times and will randomly stroke our faces and say "Are you okay? Don't cry mommy." Not sure where that came from. He loves his extended family and does a good job remembering who everyone is. He also is good at remembering all his little friends we play with. He loves being silly. A recent game that was randomly invented one morning when Logan was pretending to eat bugs for breakfast is called Cucky Bugs. He can play this for about a half an hour straight without getting bored. Basically we all just pretend to eat different things like pancakes, grapes, cookies or bugs. If we eat bugs we make a disgusted face and say "Ew! Cucky Bugs!"
Logan applied for internships and did three interviews in Utah while we were there over the break. When we returned home he found out he had one in Chicago as well. We booked the 600 dollar flight and were prepared to go when we got the wonderful news that he got an internship with one of the firms in Utah! Yay! So this means we will be heading back to Salt Lake City this summer to work at Ray Quinney. We are super excited and feel very blessed.
I am getting ready for the baby. She could be here in just a couple weeks. I am mostly stressed that I won't make it to the hospital in time or get to have an epidural because Jack was so fast. So we will see how that pans out. I have my house reorganized, freezer meals cooked, my babysitter call list arranged, and a few things sewn. Mostly I just need to finish some crocheting and sewing so hopefully I get those projects done.
1 comment:
I can't imagine Jack talking! Wow! And I laughed so hard at the "Don't cry mommy" comment. Seriously funny. (Unless he says that when you are crying... then it is just sweet!) I am a little offended that our Wii parties weren't mentioned in your 2011 summary though. And I think the Lloyds would agree! Congrats on getting the internship in Utah! We will probably be there some time this summer, so that means we HAVE to have a Wii party. Or I at least want to meet the new baby girl! Anyways we miss you guys! Good luck in Virginia!
Post a Comment