We got our tree right after Thanksgiving this year so we would have some time to enjoy it before we leave for the break. Usually we get a real tree from a lot which is kind of shameful rather than going up the mountain and cutting our own. And this year we dropped to the ultimate low when we bought a fake tree. It just makes the most sense but I still wasn't happy about it. Jack was loving the tree this year. He wanted to help do everything and pigged out on our traditional tree decorating treats.
| Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes while we decorate the tree. |
| Some frappe' (or frappie according to Jack) and Mexican layer dip. |
| Assembling our tree. It just seems so wrong to put your own branches on your tree. |
| After 5 years of our gross dollar store stockings, I finally made us some. |
| I also upgraded our dollar tree skirt to something more fashionable thanks to Pinterest. |
| Although she is fake, she is pretty. However now about 3/4 of the ornaments on the lower half of the tree have been removed and used as basketballs or other toys by Jack. |
4 comments:
What the freak?! You are not allowed to have such a nicely decorated tree when you have kids. Just wait till Jack starts making homemade ornaments. Where are you going to put those?
We bought a tree too, and I am ashamed. But I could not justify spending $50 on a real one I did not even cut down. There are no decorations on the bottom half of our tree either. And look at you heartburn free! I never had heartburn til I was pregnant, and the first time I thought my chest was going to explode! Lookin good for 28 weeks!
Welcome to the "other" side. When you aren't able to cut down your own tree, it's just better to have a fake one. Since the lot trees dry out so fast!
The bottom of your tree is bare - while ours is totally bottom heavy. The girls decorated the tree this year - pretty much by themselves. In fact, several of the branches on the bottom have 2, 3 or even 4 ornaments on ONE branch! I don't dare move it, either.
Last year I bought another fake tree after Christmas - super super cheap to put in my front room. That one is MY tree. It's the one that is all color coordinated and whatnot. Maybe I will "copy" your tree skirt. That would be perfect since that tree won't have any presents covering it up. :o)
I'm totally reading a ton of your blog entries right now :) Anyways, I wanted to help you feel better about your fake tree but letting you know that even though it's fake, it did turn out very cute, and you actually can't have real trees while living in family housing. So there you have it, you were following the rules AND still made an adorable tree :)
Post a Comment