Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lovely Lloyds

Our good friends from Logan came down to stay with us.  We thought of all the amazing things to do in Gunnison and wanted to show them the country life.  We came up with throwing a TV or toilet off the White Chalk Cliffs, but I don't think you can get away with that anymore.  Our next plan was to go to the Mormon Miracle Pageant.  I love the pageant and I feel they enjoyed it too.  This was the first time I have watched it since I have been a mother and man did I cry!  I think Logan may have been embarrassed.  The next day we did some fishing at Yardley's Pond.  To our disappointment, they don't stock the pond with fish anymore but we still managed to catch some crawdads and a snake (well Logan did).  Then the Lloyd's surprised us with a invite to Lake Powell the next week.  We can't say no to Lake Powell so we dropped Jack off at the Grandma's and off we went.  There was 30 people on the houseboat.  Thankfully it was a very nice, giant house boat so it didn't feel crowded.  Dani's parent's, the Davis's, and their friends, The Merrill's, were so kind to feed us delicious gourmet meals every night.   Seriously, we feasted.   Justin Bieber even made an appearance on the boat ( cardboard cutout Justin Bieber).  We finished the  trip with their annual Lake Powell Olympics.  We were divided up into teams and they gave us team shirts.  Then each team was timed in a crazy obstacle course.  It was pretty funny to watch.  Unfortunately neither I or Logan took home the trophey.

Us with the Lloyds at the Mormon Miracle Pageant

Nate trying to overcome his intense fear of snakes.  He handled it well as you can see.

We went fishing.  We didn't catch any fish but Logan caught two crawdads and a snake.

Dani trying to conduct our group through a game of Mafia.

Me and Dani

On a boat ride.  Logan all tuckered out.


Cliff diving.  I don't do that.
So I don't have much skill in the way of water sports, but after about 10 tries, I did learn to wake surf behind the boat.  And of course in this important moment in my life I didn't have a camera so here is my reenactment.
We did a small hike to this cool sink hole.  


My team for the Lake Powell Olympics

The Lake Powell Champs

Our group

1 comment:

Scott said...

Someday I shall visit this mysterious Lake Powell that everyone speaks so highly off. Looks like it was a fun trip! I'm glad you are taking advantage of the Grandma's while they are still near. The picture of you on the wake board did throw me off for a second. I though, "Man, Sara is in serious physical shape!"