Monday, June 20, 2011

Tadpoles is the winner!


I would like to start this post with a deep thought by Jack Handy:


I can still recall old Mister Barnslow getting out every morning and nailing a fresh load of tadpoles to the old board of his. Then he'd spin it round and round, like a wheel of fortune, and no matter where it stopped he'd yell out, "Tadpoles! Tadpoles is a winner!" We all thought he was crazy. But then we had some growing up to do.
Oh how I loved Jack Handey.  That is where it all started for Logan and I.  Quoting Deep thoughts by Jack Handey to each other in Seminary.  If fact, Logan and I just decided that Jack is named after Jack Handey because that is where it all began and because of Jack's deep wisdom.  Anyway, I digress.  Tadpoles!

We love catching/raising tadpoles.  It's so fun to watch them turn into cute mini frogs.  Science!  So we went with Gracy and Miranda to a canal at the farm that is usually fresh with tadpoles this time of year and caught a plethora of poly-wogs.  Jack kept calling them bugs and seemed to have a disgusted shiver reflex each time we tried to get him to touch them.
Jack and Gracy searching for Tadpoles.

Honestly I don't think we would have caught any without Logan's long legs.

Miranda and Jack


1 comment:

Scott said...

I loved catching tadpoles! But I don't remember them looking so repulsive.