Friday, May 13, 2011

Seis de Mayo

We were able to celebrate Seis de Mayo a couple of days before we moved.  Cinco de Mayo was booked so we did it a day early and had a Seis de Mayo party.  It was kind of thrown together last minute but was still super fun.  We met the Carlile's and the Lloyd's up Green Canyon for a feast of delicious Mexican food and a classic piñata bashing.  Costumes were required.  I thought Jack would be thrilled when we busted the piñata open and candy would come flying out, but turns out he was just heart broken instead that we broke his "bawoon" (balloon).  It was pretty funny see him staring down at it crying.  


The Lloyds, us and the Carlile's.  Thanks Dani for lending us the awesome costumes!
Jack in his get up.  All I could find was a bandanna.
My awesome piñata that took me three days to complete.  I did so many layers it took us long time to break it.  I was pretty proud.
Jarritos mexican soda!

Fried ice cream.  It may not look good but oh man...

Nate with the piñata.  He knows Spanish and sang the piñata song.  He also said our prayer in Spanish.  I felt so cultured.



Nate went wild.


Now doesn't this just look like torture?  Why are we blind folding a one armed man and making him swing helplessly at a piñata?
This was Jack after we calmed him down from his cry fest over the piñata breaking.

Candy!





Erica got authentic Mexican candy.

This is real.  Erica bought the candy at a Mexican restaurant.  This is how the candy came.  Here is the crazy part: we actually ate it!  It was gross.  Jack gobbled his down though.

Everything had chili powder in it.  Everything.  This is a sucker you dip in chili powder.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Fiesta! What a fun celebration! Nice work on the invincible pinata.