We fought it for long time, but we finally gave in to the TV gods- we are Lost fans. This is the final season and we just had to watch the opening episode in style, so we had a Lost party with our friends, the Tippets. If you don't watch Lost, it won't mean much to you, but we had Dharma tees, food, costumes, the whole works. I loved it.
Jack's blessing was on February 7th. Logan did a wonderful job. We decided it would be easier for everyone if we just did it in Gunnison. We did it in the 2nd ward. It was nice to have so many friends and family there. We appreciated everyone who made the effort to come.
On February 13th, as part of my Valentines gift, we went to Ogden to the Winterfest. I didn't realize what a hole Ogden was until then. It felt like Gotham City. I was just waiting for the Joker to mug me. None the less, it was a good old time. We got there at the end as things were winding down. We mostly just watched the snowmobile races. I ran to a couple stores as well.
Then on Valentines day we tried our hand at some chocolate making which turned out to be fun and delicious. It was also the rat's birthday. That's right, last year for our Valentines date we went to Petsmart and bought rats. If that doesn't say love, I don't know what does. We now have a Christenson tradition to get a rat of some sort every Valentines day. This year we gave Jack a little squeaky love rat. Jack also got to enjoy a V-day bath with rubber ducks.
Jack's blessing.




The smoke monster, Dr. Jack Shephard, Charlie, Claire, and baby Aaron. Jenna- you win the costume prize. I love it. Note we all have cool Dharma tees made by yours truly.
Sizzles is jealous of the new rodent.
The winterfest in Ogden. This is the snowmobile races. I think I see two face lurking behind that tree.
Mom playing with the new camera. Oh by the way, Jack is partially blind due to his retinas being burned out by a camera flash.










7 comments:
Now THIS is what I call a BLOG! WOOHOO! I LOVED IT! Mostly I'm jealous that WE weren't invited to the LOST party. RUDE! That looked SO fun! And you're so creative (as always). Man, I wish we lived closer! All in due time, all in due time!
AND I LOVE Captain Jack! Today, we were looking at a friend's blog and she showed a picture of a boy baby and Gracie gasped and said, "Ooh, is that Captain Jack baby?" It was so cute! She misses Capt. Jack and so do we! Love you guys!
A few things-
your baby is really cute. for reals. if i didn't think so i would make a comment about something else. just sayin:)
I love your rat tradition.
What kind of camera did you get?
I also like gob blog.
I'm so jealous of the Lost party. I must say- my baby needs a Dharma shirt and I'm totally willing to pay top dollar for it :)
I cannot get over how perfectly adorable Jack is! You took some great pictures. I've heard that Ogden was the armpit of Utah and you have just confirmed it! Yuck! And I just love the rats! Haha!
Yes! I feel like a real champ to win the lost costume party contest. You are quite the photographer-- not to mention you have an adorable little model.
Love the pictures!
Post a Comment