Friday, September 20, 2013

Park City and more

It became a tradition a few years back to get away for a weekend with Logan's family.  This year we decided to go to Park City.  We stayed in a condo that was right next to Olympic Park.  We ate yummy food, spent a day at Jordanelle Resivoir, rode the Alpine Slide, did some shopping and relaxed.  It was also our last farewell before Lafe left on his mission.  It didn't disappoint.  We also celebrated our 7th anniversary.  On our actual anniversary we just went out for some delicious indian food but later in the summer I surprised Logan with an overnight stay at a bed and breakfast.  I really did surprise him too.  I asked Alice to come up and watch the kids.  I packed us some bags and then once he got home I told him the kids were at my friends Jenna's house so we could go to dinner.  Really they were at the neighbors house.  We left for dinner and Alice got the kids and took them to our house.  So after dinner instead of going home, I drove to our bed and breakfast where we spent the night.  It was so nice to have a quick get away.
A common scene in the summer: dad planting flowers with dry ice root beer.


Our 7th anniversary.


The old tabernacle that burnt down and they are rebuilding into a temple.  It was close by our house and Jack liked to watch them build.
Power wheels, power wheels.  Grandma's house is so fun.
Charlotte loves to sit on peoples laps.  If there is a lap open, she will sit.  A cute picture of her and Adam.

Kitty wounds from her torturing them.
Story time at the library in Gunnison with Adam and Will.

I chopped ten inches off my hair.  My hair was not as nasty as it looks in this picture, it was quite pretty, but it felt so nice to have shorter hair for summer.  I didn't regret it. 

Playing in the sandbox with cousin Ellis.

The kids loved four wheeler rides.
Jacob and Charlotte.  Such a love hate relationship.
We ran the dirty dash with Lafe, Madee, Miranda, Gracy, Hannah and Heston.  Our team was the Harry Trotters.  
Riding in Old Red again, our summer car.  Our Tahoe was having problems and we decided to go scouting out future places to live so we took Old Red.  No A/C, so hot.  A grasshopper flew through the window and smacked Logan in the face.

It's not Utah unless there is fry sauce.

Staci came up to play a few times with the boys.  We used our  pass of all passes to go to Xtreme Sports.  The kids loved it . . . except Charlotte.



Sno cones!

Park City!  Charlotte loved Lafe.  It doesn't make sense to us either.


The Alpine Slide


Jordanelle Resivior. 






The traditional tatoos of course.  These didn't come off for weeks.  Char's says puppy princess and Jacks is Phineas and Ferb.

1 comment:

Nolan and Erica said...

It has obviously been way too long since I saw you last because your hair is SO LONG in that picture! It looks good short too :) I found a picture of me, you and Dani on the day of our "triathlon" which got me thinking about you guys and our early morning workouts!! How terrible was that. Anyways, hope you haven't forgotten about the Carliles... all 3 of us.