Tuesday, June 18, 2013

More of C'Ville

Spring time in Virginia is so beautiful.  It seems like literally overnight, everything is green and blossoming.  Spring also brings with it lots of littler critters for the kids to catch (as well as ticks, how I hate ticks...).  Jack loves to chase the squirrels and one day he surprised us all (even himself) when he actual almost caught one.  I ran an errand one day and when I got back Jack and Logan had managed to catch a snake and a lizard.  Jack caught the snake himself.  I guess it was just his instinct to grab it when he saw it.  Sounds like his father's son.  
Me and two other moms started taking turns watching the boys once a week.  It was fun for them to play together and nice for the moms to have a little break.  I tried to take advantage of this time that Char and I had alone, even if it just meant a special treat at the store. 
Jack had his first trip to the dentist.  He did amazingly well.  I tried to prep him by reading some books and talking about it.  The dental workers were all so impressed at how well he did.  He was pretty proud of himself and kept talking about how brave he was, unlike the other kids who were not (his words, not mine).
Beautiful Virginia.
Jack's first attempt at taking a picture of us.  Pretty good.  This  is our backyard.
Mommy-daughter date at the store.  A cookie and a balloon.  She seems happy about it.

Sometimes you just have to hold two puppies.
Char loves looking at pictures of our family.
Glow in the dark tub time.  They love this.  My retinas do not.


Rock climbing at the playground.
That one time when Jack literally almost caught a squirrel.  I love how Charlotte is getting in on the action and informing him where the squirrel is.
Catching more creatures.  A snake.
He found it quite hilarious at this lizard biting his finger.
The dentist!  First check up and no cavities.  Maybe he isn't cursed with Pickett teeth.
Handled it like a champ.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Jack will someday replace Kratt's Kreatures and have his own show called "Jack's Creatures."