Ah I love this little boy. He is at a pretty crazy stage where he is a lot of work with a lot of energy but also very fun and makes us laugh a lot. He NEVER stops talking. From the second he wakes up until he goes to bed he is chattering. He recently celebrated his half birthday or as we call it, Halfy Birthday. A little about Jack:
He still loves fruits and vegetables and we have a hard time getting him to eat anything else. The other day we were at the grocery store and he wanted me to buy him a watermelon. I said no and he threw a temper tantrum until I gave in. I was getting him an evening snack and suggested crackers, cereal or a poptart. He requested radishes and carrots.
He is really into knowing everyone/everything's name. At the grocery store he asks me strangers names. Any character on TV or a box he wants to know.
He loves Charlotte. He loves to snuggle her and hold her hand. I heard him say to Charlotte as he was laying on the floor next to her holding her hand "thanks for holding my hand sissy". So cute.
He is a little sponge and is learning lots. He has known his alphabet for a while now and is now learning to count. He will sometimes count all the way to ten but usually it goes 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 10. He is also surprising me with facts that I don't know where they come from. He asked me where birds lived and then answered his own question by saying nests (or as he says, "nest-es". Then he told me to tell him thank you and finished by saying dinosaurs will eat your head.
He refers to his pajamas as night time clothes and his other clothes as daytime clothes.
I love that he calls bananas "banas"
When he finds one of my hairs on the ground (there are lots these days- post pregnancy hair loss), he will bring it to me as if though I lost it.
He asks a lot if he can ride an airplane. I say, sure you can at Christmas. Then he will ask, and can I ride a rocket to the moon. It's so cute I can't say no. So I just say "maybe later".
Jack with his half cup cake. The tradition for Halfy Birthday is to have a half cupcake, sing Halfy Birthday and everyone says one reason they love the birthday kid. And here is a nice shot of him discovering his nose. He has just recently started to stick his finger up there.
| Char and Logan watching. |

2 comments:
I really like this tradition. I may "half" to steal it.
I'm pretty sure Jack is probably the ONLY 2.5 year old that asks for radishes and carrots. That is just hilarious!!! And I'm pretty sure that that my kids will one day wish that their mom was as cool and fun as you. What a fun idea to do a halfy birthday! Miss your guts!
Post a Comment