Sunday, September 11, 2011

Louisa Air Show

Last weekend we took Jack to the Louisa Air Show.  It was basically a dream come true for Jack.  They had a parking lot full of planes to look at, planes doing tricks in the sky, a fire truck, balloons, and carnival booths full of food and things to buy.  



He got to "drive" a plane.


And drive a firetruck. 


Some of the little planes were pretty loud.  I thought it would upset him but he just laughed.


The planes were fun to watch.  They could do some crazy stuff.

Jack flying his plane.

As we were about to leave I said to Logan how someday I hope I get to see those people that get strapped to the top of planes.  He made fun of me and said that was only in cartoons.  Then we turned to our right and what do we see......a Wing Walker!  So we stayed another half an hour to watch her.  Its nuts.  She starts flying the plane, then just climbs to the top of the wing and her partner takes over flying.  She isn't strapped in or anything.  Then she walks around the top and hangs in different positions. 

Can you see her on top of the wing?

On our way home Logan spotted a turtle stuck in the middle of the road about to be smashed.  So he stopped and grabbed him and we took him home.  We named him Tangires the Turtle.  He was adventurous and the next day he had jumped out of his little home we made him and he was gone.


Jack liked to scare him and make him hide in his shell.  It was probably for the best he ran away.

1 comment:

Scott said...

I love the excitement on Little Jackies face! That wing walked lady is crazy!