Friday, March 18, 2011

Bag-oshes

Jack loves to play in puddles.  It is hard to keep him out of any body of water no matter the size.  I have wanted to get him rain boots or galoshes, but his feet grow at an incredible rate and they are so expensive.  So we tried bag-oshes the other day.  I remember my dad mentioning something about using plastic sacks as rain boots long ago so we gave it a shot.  They actually worked quite well.  It was pouring outside and I followed Jack around with an umbrella as he splashed in the puddles.  I think he liked it; it was hard to tell because he is still getting over his week long sickness. Maybe next time I can fashion him a garbage sack raincoat to go with it.

Ready to go outside

I grabbed the ribbon I found first which happened to be pink.  It gave the bag-oshes a classy look.


2 comments:

Scott said...

I love those pictures. These are the pictures Jack will show his children when he tells them about how poor his family was when he was growing up.

Seidi said...

So so awesome! I need to try those things out.