
Last year was the Chinese year of the Tiger. I am really disappointed I didn't learn this until the year was almost up. I really would have enjoyed that. This year, starting in February, is the year of the Rabbit. Not as cool but still fun. So when we were coming up with a theme for our New Years Party, I was having trouble deciding which animal to focus on. Logan had the amazing idea of the Tiger-Rabbit. He even designed and drew our year slogan of a rabbit emerging from a tiger. Out with the old, in with the new. Or, the new emerging from the old. We were so proud of this that we posted the picture everywhere. Jenna and Brad joined us for this tiger-rabbit celebration. We ate rabbit leaf dip with chips, tiger's blood punch, and tiger-rabbit cookies. Jenna brought some awesome dip that once she learned of the party themed decided it had bits of rabbit in it as well. We played Cranium, our favorite game as of late, and farkle. We had a bunch of good luck charms for the new year. We ate 12 grapes at midnight. The sour grapes represent bad months and the sweet ones represent good months. We lucked out and had a sweet batch of grapes so it looks as though 2011 will treat all of us well.
Happy Tiger-Rabbit 2011!
Our decor

One lucky winner got to take this beauty home. I painted the frame and Logan drew his signature Tiger-Rabbit masterpiece.
We ate our 12 grapes at midnight. You are supposed to do it fast so be aware of choking. I guess that was probably symbolize a not so great year coming your way too.

Jenna and Brad are such troopers to always go along with our bazaar themes. They even wore my rabbit party hats.


2 comments:
This blog would have been really fun to view without any captions explaining what was going on. I love Logan's drawings- Napolean Dynomite quality!
you know you're crazy, right? and I love it more than you'll ever know. wish i could have been there for that party. it looked hilarious!
Post a Comment