Monday, January 10, 2011

University of Chicago


The Windy City, the City of Big Shoulders, the Second City, and The City That Works. We got a call today and Logan got into University of Chicago! They are our highest ranked school yet sitting at #5.

A few facts about Chicago:
  • Population is about 3 million people.
  • Its the third largest city in the U.S.

Chicago is home to:

  • More than 200 theaters
  • Nearly 200 art galleries
  • More than 7,300 restaurants
  • 77 community areas containing more than 100 neighborhoods
  • 26 miles of lakefront
  • 15 miles of bathing beaches
  • 36 annual parades
  • 19 miles of lakefront bicycle paths
  • 552 parks
  • United States President Barack Obama

Needless to say, its a pretty busy city. It's going to be a tough decision!

2 comments:

The Picketts said...

Let me tell you a little bit about IL....the winters are SUPER COLD (seriously, colder than Utah) and I know this, I spent two frigid winters there. Second - the summers are SOOOOO hot and humid! (We affectionately called it the armpit of the U.S. - and there were reasons for that...ha haha). Congrats Logan! Obviously, you're amazing. :o)

Amy Watts said...

No top law schools in Seattle, huh? Too bad. I could use a fun friend to get me to be more creative with my time instead of blog stalking. Glad things are going great- I can't wait to read where you decide to go.