Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Paradise!



We recently got back from Lake Powell- the greatest place on Earth. It was so nice to get away. I know what your thinking-"What to get away to the heat, is she crazy?" As a matter of fact I'm not. Our house boat had A/C which is more I can say for our apartment. It even had a hot tub and satellite  two more luxuries we rarely enjoy. We went with Logan's family and our friends the Powells. We stayed about five days. There was plenty of card games (scum), delicious food, wake boarding and tubing, napping, and lizard catching. The trip was perfect.
We had some trouble when we first left. We had to leave at 2 a.m. Tuesday morning in order to get there in time. It wasn't too bad until the other car we were traveling with got a flat tire just outside of Richfield. So Logan and I took the car back to Gunnison to switch cars. Thusly the drive ended up being about an eight hour drive. Logan fell asleep at the wheel a couple times.






I think this was Logan's favorite part of the trip- catching lizards. I caught two lizards at once!



My favorite part was the wave runner! I'm a Cruella Deville driver.
Logan looking for more lizards.






9 comments:

Steven and Tanesha said...

Hey Sara cute blog! I am jealous of your trip. I hope you and Logan are doing well.

Jared and Stacy Gillins said...

How Fun!! I love that Logan loved the lizards and You Are a crazy cruella deville driver! PS. You have the whitest teeth I have ever seen in my lifetime! Sakes!

The Trythalls said...

I was enjoying the pics until I saw the pic of the ugly grasshopper. I hate grasshoppers they disgust me. So I now don't know how happy I am for your trip... I am sure it was a good time. By the way I finished the book, want me to tell you what happens?

Steven and Tanesha said...

There's pretty much nowhere to camp up Logan Canyon...we only went once the whole three years we lived up there. There's not anywhere to fish either...sorry I'm not much help. Oh, don't worry we're still poor. I have three years of school left but Steven is done. How much longer until you guys are done?

The Jensen's said...

well hello there... How are u?? Looks like you have been up to lots of fun!!

Steven and Tanesha said...

What did you major in? I am majoring in elementary education. Are you staying in Logan so your husband can finish? Do you like living up there?

Alicia said...

i wish you would post something new someday.
~Mrs. Manning

The Picketts said...

I agree with Alicia..I wish you'd post something new too..I miss you

Anonymous said...

HEY! I don't know if you even remember me but I just found your blog on Meggan Hatch's and wanted to say hey! I didn't even know you were married! Crazy! looks like you're doing great!!