Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Trek, round 4

So here we were, round four. This was our most recent trip, May 2013. We were headed to Provo this time to sublet from our friends Melissa and Brad Jackson (Brad is Staci's brother in law).  Logan is working at a different firm than last summer but still in SLC.  This worked out great because although Logan has a long commute (almost 3 hours a day), rent is super cheap and our apartment is furnished so we had to bring very little. This has probably been our best trip yet.  We swore off trailers and sold ours a while back.  So this time we just stuffed the Tahoe to the brim with whatever we could fit and called it good.  It was kind of like camping for three months.  We left early that morning.  We usually decide as we are driving if we will take I-70 or I-80.  I usually prefer I-80 due to that fact that I hate Kansas, however our car did blow up along I-80 so now I just dislike them both.  We took I-80 this time.  It took us four days and we made pretty good time.  By chance, we ended up staying in Liberty Missouri which was a nice surprise.  Not only did we get a great deal on a super fun hotel with a water park, but we also got to visit Liberty Jail which was amazing.  We brought along Jack's bike and got Charlotte a stroller to help get out energy on our pit stops.  That was very helpful and the kids loved it.  Well four down, and two more to go!
Ready for our drive.
We stopped for lunch and it started to rain so we took cover nearby.
Pushing Biscuit in the stroller.
The St.Louis Gateway Arch. 

The water park at our hotel in Liberty MO.

The kids love the hotels.
Liberty jail.  Such a neat experience.


Of course there was crying.  She has a scab on her chin from a fall at one of our pit stops.


Hanging our at Buffalo Bills Museum in Cody Wyoming.



Our last stop in Wyoming.  Almost there.
Made it!  We celebrated with some park time for the kids and some Cafe Rio for mom and dad.
Melissa and Brad were super nice and our new home for the summer was very welcoming.  There were even some toys for the kids.
Brad even edited their family picture to make us feel welcome.  Haha!

No comments: