We were so blessed to have both grandmas stay with us after Charlotte was born. I don't know how you have a baby without grandmas. Jack was spoiled with fun activities, attention, and playing. He loved every minute of it. Alice came first just a few days after Charlotte was born. Charlotte came a week early so it was super generous of Alice to drop everything, jump on a plane, and come stay with us. Jack loved playing dump trucks with Alice and race them up and down the hallway. I don't how she did it, even I can't bend over and push a dump truck for hours. Jack still calls the blue dump truck "grandmas dump truck". The weather was odd while Alice was here and unfortunately a bit cold and wet. It even snowed one day. Jack and Alice would go for walks and play outside for hours and let me rest. After Grandma Alice left, Grandma Kay arrived. Grandma Kay had lots of fun things planned like a treasure hunt and dirt play dough. Jack still plays with his dirt play dough daily since she left. And Jack cried when we took Grandma to the airport because I think he thought he was going on the airplane with her. It was so nice to have the help and rest and we can never thank them enough. Jack is always telling us how he has two Grandmas and he says it with such pride. Thanks Grandmas!
 |
| Snow day. It has snowed twice this winter. |
 |
| Jack would throw snow balls at Grandma Alice through the glass door and she would pretend to fall over. He thought this was hilarious. |
 |
| Jack got to play in the mud and rain a lot with Grandma Alice. |
 |
| We treated Grandma to some Sweet Frog frozen yogurt. |
 |
| Giving Charlotte her first bath. |
 |
| Dirt play dough! Jack loved this. |
 |
| We went to the park one day where Jack made a buddy. I obviously didn't do very well taking pictures while my mom was there. |
1 comment:
I don't think it's allowed to just start calling mom Grandma Kay because you want to give your child that middle name.
Post a Comment