Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My favorite thing

One of my favorite things I discovered as a preschool teacher was the Sensory Table.  I loved teaching with one and knew it would be a must have for my kids.  So I started looking at tables but they were so expensive and not quite what I wanted.  I asked Logan if he could whip something up and he was thrilled to have a fun project to do.  Its small so Jack can play with it in the house or we take it outside when its good weather.  We have put so many things in it: water and toys, sand, cars, pasta, rice, beans, marbles, dice, play dough, pudding, tadpoles, and the list goes on.  Jack really likes the table and it gives me an opportunity to get things done. I am so glad my husband is a handy man!

Gracy and Jack playing with rice.



Logan also made this cool lid so it can be turned into a table.
Noodles and marbles.
Sand and cars
Pudding!
Beans, marbles and dice

Tadpoles.  Don't worry, I bleached it like 5 times after this.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

That is such a good idea! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Brad and Jenna said...

LOGAN! Build me one! My handyman husband is only handy when he is not working for me.

Scott said...

The boys love their table, but so far only for water. I can't convince them to try putting anything else in it!

Amy Watts said...

It looks like you made one out of a tupperware and one out of pelxi glass. One you like better? I went and bought a tupperware yesterday and my dad and I will be making one this weekend. Thanks for being awesome!

Hey- any other things jack is loving lately? I feel like I am running out of ideas with Reese and we do a lot of the same things all the time.