Thousands of people gather at Gobblers Knob in Punxsutawney PA to watch grown men dressed in top hats pull a giant rodent known as a groundhog, out of log and ask him to predict the weather. What an awesome and under appreciated holiday! This year was Punxsutawney Phil's 125th prediction. And he so kindly gave us spring. Although I can't help but wonder if he had felt that -1 degree weather I felt this morning if he would have chosen otherwise. And yes we celebrated Phil this year by watching one of our all time favorite movies Groundhog day. I could watch that movie today and the next day, and the next, and the next.... We also enjoyed some delicious Punxsutawney Phil Pie. I first attempted to draw a groundhog with the chocolate syrup but that ended in disaster. So I quickly watercolored up this picture instead. The pie was topped with grasshopper cookies because groundhogs occasionally eat grasshoppers. Logan said his favorite part of the pie was the little bits of groundhog bones.
3 comments:
you're always so creative! :o)
I think my new New Year's resolution is to be more like you. You come up with the funniest fun stuff ever.
We watched Groundhog day too. My favorite part is when Phil lets the groundhog drive the truck. A groundhog would make a wonderful pet. It's just like a large hamster! I want a piece of that pie . . .
Post a Comment